Application Window Now Closed
The County of Ventura launched a fourth COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program to assist businesses and nonprofits (Organizations) that did not receive a grant during any of the previous grant programs. The goal is to distribute relief to qualified applicants through $10,000 grants. Application window closed on September 2nd.
Organizations (both business and nonprofit) must satisfy the following criteria to be considered as eligible:
To be eligible, applicants must provide the following documents:
Types of organizations not eligible include:
How Recipients will be Determined
Business and nonprofit organizations that meet the eligibility requirements and successfully submit applications with all required information and supporting documents by the deadline will be deemed eligible. If the number of eligible organizations exceeds total funding, then eligible organizations meeting one or more of the priority factors will be given priority in the selection process.
- Women-owned, minority/person of color-owned, or veteran-owned businesses where at least 51% of the business is owned and run on a daily basis by said group(s).
- Minority/person of color-owned business means the following racial or ethnic groups (as identified by the applicant): African-American/Black, Asian, Native American or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, or Latino/Hispanic.
- Organizations located in low-to-moderate-income communities.
- “Low-to-moderate-income community” means any census tract (or equivalent geographic area defined by the Bureau of the Census) in which at least 50% of households have an income less than 60% of the area median gross income (AMGI), or which has a poverty rate of at least 25%.
- Organizations that have one or more employees, not including the owner.
If the program has more eligible applicants than funding, priority will be given to the following businesses:
Eligible Uses of Funds
Grant funds may be used only for those costs incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety restrictions, such as business interruptions or closures required by state or local health orders. The following are the eligible uses of grant funds:
The following are the eligible uses of grant funds:
Ineligible Uses of Funds