The County of Ventura responded to Covid-19 with two Business Assistance Grant Programs for businesses and nonprofits. The County is getting ready to launch its third program.
- Initial program in response to Covid-19
- Summer 2020 – Fall 2020
- $5000 grants to eligible businesses and nonprofits
- Late April – Summer 2021
- Expanded to eligible businesses that did not receive a grant in Program I
- Included faith-based and veteran nonprofit organizations
- Additional $5,000 grants to businesses and nonprofits from Programs I and II
- Grantees from Programs I and II will be notified and given instructions in July 2021
A business or nonprofit organization must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible:
To be eligible, applicants must provide the following documents:
Types of organizations not eligible include:
How Recipients will be Determined
Business and nonprofit organizations that meet the eligibility requirements and successfully submit applications with all required information and supporting documents by the deadline will be deemed eligible. If the number of eligible organizations exceed total funding, then eligible businesses meeting one or more of the priority factors will be given priority in the selection process.
If the program has more eligible applicants than funding, priority will be given to the following businesses:
Eligible Uses of Funds
Grant funds may be used only for those costs incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety restrictions, such as business interruptions or closures required by state or local health orders.
The following are the eligible uses of grant funds:
Ineligible Uses of Funds